Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 2

Today, we had a lesson and we went to a zoo in Saskatoon. We wrote our journal during our first writing lesson. We spent a lot of time to finish it. We wrote the entry ourselves.
In the afternoon, we ate sandwiches, some vegetables and my favorite food chocolate cookies! The cookies are prepared by Gwen. Gwen, the host’s child, cares a lot about us. I feel very lucky to have Gwen in our host family.
After the lesson, we went to the Forestry Park and Zoo in Saskatoon. I was excited that I had a chance to go to a zoo here. Also, I did not believe that I could go there today. This is one of my dream places that I longed for. I saw many animals inside the zoo. I could see some rare animals which live only in Saskatoon such as fox, black bear, peacock and gopher. These are wild animals living in the forest. I felt that it is amazing to have these animals in our world. I fed the deers and they were very beautiful.
When I arrived home, I knew that Gwen’s leg got hurt because of my bed. I felt blue and sorry. After dinner, we helped Gwen to wish the dishes. Then, we went to the supermarket. I found it totally different from Hong Kong. The supermarket is extremely big and spacious. We can find all our daily necessity there.
Also, we ate ice cream after we went to the supermarket. The host dad drove us to the nearby food store. We ordered some food without getting off the car. I think it is convenient for Canadians to buy food while driving their cars. I ordered strawberries milkshake. It was really delicious. This milkshake was fresh and creamy which was different from Hong Kong.
 
S4 Jackie Cheung Wai Lam